2450 Francisco Street
Luxury Living and Entertaining on Francisco
Behind this handsome 1933 façade is a reimagined residence, separate (legal) guest suite and a serene flat yard. The residence delivers luxurious daily living and dynamic entertaining alike. Lively dinner parties begin in the high-end kitchen, flow into the stylish formal dining room, and culminate in front of the toasty fireplace in the fabulous family room. For large gatherings, the expansive media/entertaining room and adjacent multi-use room upstairs is the spot. High vaulted ceilings, a contemporary fireplace, and bay windows revealing the city lights set a wonderful scene for tasting Bordeaux’s and mingling with guests. For barbecues and dining under the stars is the elegantly designed deck overlooking the meticulous and vibrant garden below. Any event the owner desires, this home fulfills the need with its impressive, voluminous rooms spanning three levels.
Main Level The main level is open and social. The chef’s kitchen is equipped with top-of-line appliances: Thermador five-burner range, Sub-Zero fridge, wine fridge, and Miele oven and dishwasher. This space flows into the stylish formal dining room and further into the fabulous front living room, where a fireplace provides toasty ambiance at the end of a dinner. In the back of home are two well-appointed bedrooms—one with adjacent half bath and one with a full bath and spa tub, and exceptional California closets. Both rooms flow onto the sunny back deck for seamless indoor-outdoor living.
Upper Level For large gatherings and events, the dramatic media/entertaining room with high vaulted ceilings, contemporary fireplace, and wet bar is the spot. Bay windows reveal the city lights and ceiling mounted-speakers add the ambiance, setting a wonderful scene for tasting Bordeaux’s and mingling with guests. An adjacent and special multi-use room with built-in shelving adds to the space or could be used as an office/library or and additional bedroom with some reimagination. This level features another bedroom and bathroom, laundry room with Miele washer and dryer, and the master suite, where spectacular views of greenery and colorful homes burst through the bay windows. The master features a private balcony, automatic window shades, two closets, and a spa-like bathroom.
Lower Level The expansive and very bright guest suite with a private entry occupies the ground level. Its design is superb: rustic wood and stone floors, built-in cube shelving, a large closet, recessed lighting, ceiling-mounted speakers, backyard patio access, and a full bath with a steam shower. This is a legal unit and has never been rented out by the current owner. (Unit does not have a separate kitchen) A wine room/cellar and the extra-large garage with storage complete the level.
Outdoor Eleganc For barbecues and dining under the stars, the tastefully designed deck with a smooth rock surface and iron railing overlooking the vibrant and verdant garden is a special setting. Truly a treat for the eyes and senses, the very sweet garden is delicately landscaped with myriad colorful flora around two seating areas, where settling into a novel is a peaceful reprieve.
In one of the most desirable areas of San Francisco, 2450 Francisco is just blocks away the Palace of Fine Arts, Marina Green, and the Presidio. Enjoy bike rides along the Bay, take a front row seat to the soaring jets on Fleet Week, and peruse the cafes and shops on Fillmore and Chestnut Street. Living and lifestyle abound - this home is a tremendous opportunity.
- Towering entry lit by skylight high above the stunning classic stairway, family room with custom mantle over fireplace and bright bay windows, and formal dining room with unique modern brass light fixture
- Designer kitchen with modern concrete counters, custom cabinetry, built-in home organization space, and top-of-the-line appliances: Thermador five-burner range, Sub-Zero fridge, wine fridge, and Miele oven and dishwasher
- Two bright bedrooms in the back of home—one with adjacent half bath and one with full bath and spa tub, glass-enclosed shower, and exceptional closets with heavy wood doors and built-in California closets. Both rooms open to the sunny back deck.
- Dramatically large entertaining and media room with high vaulted ceilings, fireplace with contemporary concrete mantle, and wet bar with copper sink, fridge, and built-in cabinetry and glass shelving. The ceiling mounted-speakers add the ambiance.
- Handsome multi-purpose room with wall of built-in shelving and cabinetry can be an office, library, or bedroom.
- Large and sunny master suite with vivid views of myriad greenery and colorful neighborhood homes through bay windows and a from a private balcony. Master features automatic window shades, parallel beams on ceiling, two closets, and two complete spa-like bathrooms—one with a steam shower.
- Second bedroom upstairs and full-sized laundry room with Miele washer and dryer
- Expansive guest suite with huge windows and glass doors to the backyard, both drawing light into the space. The design includes rustic wood and stone floors, built-in cube shelving, large closet, recessed lighting, ceiling mounted speakers, and a full bath with a steam shower. A separate entry provides privacy.
- Wine cellar for building a robust collection
- Extra-large garage with two walls of built-in cabinetry
Backyard Brilliantly designed, the deck implements a smooth rock surface, custom iron railing, built-in gas heater, and two natural gas hook ups. Below is a treat for the eyes and senses: the very sweet backyard, delicately landscaped with myriad colorful flora around two seating areas, where settling into a novel on a peaceful afternoon is a must.
In one of the most desirable areas in San Francisco, 2450 Francisco is just blocks away the Palace of Fine Arts, Marina Green, and the Presidio. Enjoy bike rides along the Bay, take a front row seat to the soaring jets on Fleet Week, or peruse the cafes and shops one Fillmore and Chestnut Street. Living and lifestyle abound and the home is a tremendous opportunity.
*This building is a legal 2 unit building – The lower unit has only been used as guest suite by the current owners and has never been rented out. There is no kitchen in the lower unit.